I don’t normally write about this sort of thing, but when I heard this headline on the radio this morning, I almost buried the car into a ditch.
Can you guess where the headline came from?
Of course you can. The clue’s in the post title.
It’s the Daily Mail website!
That will be the same Daily Mail that scared thousands witless with this headline on 14th July 2009 with no evidence whatsoever to back up the claim?:
You know. The Daily Mail who on 22nd July 2009 reported that – actually – Chloe Buckley had died of septic shock as a result of tonsillitis.
Not ringing any bells?
How about this calm, well-meaning headline designed to put their worried readers’ minds at ease?:
No. No. It couldn’t be the same Daily Mail.
That would be hypocritical or something, wouldn’t it?