Daintree Wireless Lighting Controls
Daintree offers the leading open wireless controls solution which delivers dramatic energy savings and operational efficiency improvements in a simpler, more cost-effective way than ever before. Daintree controls help smart buildings run more efficiently and with increased productivity while also providing a platform for the Internet of Things.
With Daintree controls you can:
- Manage a portfolio of smart buildings that run on auto-pilot
- Reduce operating expenses
- Increase occupant comfort and productivity
- Facilitate big data mining for analytic insights
- Provide a platform for exciting new IoT business applications
The Daintree controls solution includes:
- The Wireless Area Controller (WAC), an embedded networked device that manages the wireless communications and delivers intelligent local control for switches, sensors, ballasts/drivers, thermostats, and other end-points.
- Controls Software delivers an easy-to-use web-based graphical interface for energy management, building control, and system configuration from any location.
- The System Controller (SC), deployed on-premise or in the Cloud, provides coordination via standard IP networking when multiple WACs are deployed in a system, allowing the system to scale to many hundreds and thousands of devices across a distributed enterprise. The SC hosts the web-based software application and also interfaces to Building Management Systems (BMS) via BACnet
- Wireless Adapters provide the option to add wireless connectivity to existing wired devices such as ballasts/drivers, switches and sensors, allowing them to communicate within the wireless network.
- ControlScope Connected Wireless Devices are designed with a built-in radio to communicate directly with other wireless devices and the WAC without the need for wireless adapters.
- Auto-Commissioning Methods enable quick and easy set-up of the overall system.
How it Works
Facility managers can set automated and manual control strategies through the Daintree controls software. Set-up is simple, and making changes is simpler: it's all done through the application, with full management of multiple facilities from any Web browser. The result is the most flexible, powerful and cost-effective networked wireless solution addressing multiple key building energy applications.
The Daintree system provides full-featured commercial lighting control for both fluorescent and LED lighting products, as well as programmable thermostat automation and plug-load control and control of many other sensors and devices from fans to water heaters, air compressors, refrigeration and much more.
- Enables powerful energy-saving control strategies including scheduling, temperature, occupancy, daylighting, task tuning, lumen maintenance and load shedding.
- Simplifies communications by eliminating control wiring, which reduces much of the expense, complexity, and disruption of a wired system.
- Delivers maximum energy-saving control strategies to retrofits and other spaces considered inaccessible or impractical with wired technology.
- Reduces the expense and complexity of commissioning through the use of our patented Intelligent Auto-Commissioning techniques.
- Delivers real-time, measurable information about usage, creating new methods to manage energy use and demand as well as verify savings.
- Integrates with Demand Response/Demand Management programs through OpenADR, automatically shedding load in response to Utility signals.
- Puts control in the hands of facility managers with a simple and intuitive web-based user interface for energy management, which is accessible from any remote location.
- Scales easily from a single office to system-wide control of thousands of devices across a distributed enterprise.
- Uses a reliable ZigBee mesh network: the leading standard for wireless building control systems.
- Provides choice of interoperable building sensors and devices from trusted suppliers.
- Easily integrates with Building Management Systems (BMS) via a BACnet interface.
- Pervasive Metering feature enables the use of standard metering with ControlScope, to reduce total costs of a combined lighting and metering system.
- Helps buildings comply with green building regulations and guidelines (such as LEED) and qualify for utility and government rebates.