Our parent company, Reed Elsevier, announced in July of 2009 its intentions to substantially exit its Reed Business Information U.S. publishing business, while retaining specific businesses. Over the past several months multiple publishing brands were sold and others were discontinued.
Please note contact information for the following discontinued brands:
Chain Leader, Converting, Graphic Arts Blue Book, Graphics Arts Monthly, Purchasing, Restaurants & Institutions, Semiconductor International, Tradeshow Week and Video Business.
1-800-446-6551 (outside the US/Canada, 1-303-265-6965).
Accounts Payables: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplier invoices: email@example.com
The YGS Group
(800) 290-5460, ext. 100
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Kerr, Reed Elsevier Corporate Communications
+44 20 7166 5646
The following brands are still active in the RBI portfolio:
Reed Construction Data, RSMeans, BuyerZone, Variety, Marketcast, and 411 Publishing. Jewelers' Circular Keystone (JCK) has become part of Reed Exhibitions, and DM2 has joined with Mardev to form a global list management operation.
For these properties, please see the list of products for individual contact information: http://www.reedbusinessinformation.com/index.asp?layout=productsMain
The following brands have been sold:
For sold properties, please contact the buyer for more information.
- NewBay Media acquired Broadcasting & Cable, Multichannel News and This Week in Consumer Electronics (TWICE).
- Canon Communications acquired Electronic Design News (EDN), Design News, Test & Measurement World and Packaging Digest.
- Media Source acquired Library Journal, School Library Journal and Library Hotline.
- Sandow Media acquired Interior Design, Furniture Today, Gifts & Decorative Accessories, Home Textiles Today, Casual Living, Home Accents Today, Kids Today and Playthings.
- Two management buyouts took place for Tracom and In-Stat.
- Former publisher George Slowik, JR. and Partners acquired Publishers Weekly.
- Advantage Business Media acquired Industrial Distribution and Manufacturing Business Technology.
- Former managers Steve Rourke and Jim Langhenry acquired Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Control Engineering and Plant Engineering.
- Former manager Brian Ceraolo acquired Logistics Management, Modern Materials Handling, Modern Materials Handling Product News and Supply Chain Management Review.
- Former managers Tony Mancini and Rick Blesi acquired Building Design+Construction, Construction Bulletin, Construction Equipment, Professional Builder, Professional Remodeler and Spec Check.
- Former manager Dan Hogan acquired HOTELS.
- Former manager Maureen Slocum acquired Foodservice Equipment & Supplies.