FeedBurner makes it easy to receive content updates in My Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and other news readers.
A message from this feed's publisher:Welcome to the "Offroad Passport: Entire Forum" feed. This feed displays the latest threads from our community forum, including content from the first post in each thread. For full content and to see the latest posts, please visit offroadpassport.com.
An introductory clinic on using a modern smartphone or tablet as a GPS & topo mapping tool for off-highway travel.
The concepts presented should apply to nearly any popular GPS/mapping app on Android or iOS, however we will be specifically teaching the Android app "AlpineQuest".
Topics to be covered:
- A quick refresher on common terminology (waypoints, tracks, maps, etc.)
- Overview of the main features/interface elements in AlpineQuest and similar apps
- Which map sources to use for different activities
- Downloading maps for offline use before leaving pavement
- Loading tracks & waypoints from the internet/friends (GPX files)
- Recording your own tracks & waypoints and how to share those
- For Premium Club Members: How to download and install our pre-made maps of AZ & UT (and other states soon)
The main class will be about 2 hours then we'll do Q&A and can help with individual tablet/app setup if there is time. Bring your Android device so you can follow along (WiFi is available).
Saturday April 29th, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
theksmith's house in north Phoenix (near the 51 & 101). Directions will be PM'd to those on the attending list.
dzJeepChic & Number7 (assisting/modeling)
2. lofreqjeff & 3. Katie
4. kaspily & 5. Bradywgn71