The federal transportation bill, a focus of much analysis and anxiety (we’ve written most recently about it here and here), was finally passed through congress late last week. It’s not good news. This bill, which was largely based on the Senate’s legislation “MAP-21″, is being considered a “step backwards,” a “failure,” a “missed opportunity,” and [...]
The American Lung Association needs your support in our fight for healthy lungs and healthy air. Join us for the 2012 September 28th to 30th Autumn Escape Bike Trek. This cycling adventure from Plymouth to Provincetown offers a weekend filled with beautiful scenery, entertainment and fun. To find out more about how you can escape [...]
The routes for the 2012 Summer Century and Family Fun Ride have been set and can be found in full detail here. We are really looking forward to this event and hope to see you there! Here is a little bit more information about the ride in case you are unfamiliar… The Summer Century and [...]
Whether we ride every day or just occasionally, we are all cyclists. We ride because it is good for the environment, our health, our communities, and just for the fun of it. There as many reasons to ride a bicycle as there are places to ride. But no matter what your reasons are for getting [...]
I saw this in Kendall Square, Cambridge, on my commute recently: What an awesome sight! I’ve seen similar on-street bike parking in Boston, Somerville, and even suburban Lexington. Why do we think this is so great? Several reasons: It increases the number of bike racks dramatically and quickly It uses existing space (usually a [...]
Join us in Franklin Park in Boston this Sunday, June 24th, for the first Circle The City event. Visit our booth for bicycling safety information, memberships, maps, and the latest MassBike merchandise. And park you bike in our free valet bike parking, sponsored by the Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness! Free activities for all [...]
Be Social With Us!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
MassBike In The News
- Massachusetts ranked third most 'Bicycle Friendly State'
- On Biking: Passing bikes on a blind curve
- How Many Dead Cyclists is Enough?
- Cyclist Mourned, Mayor Vows 'Serious Look' at this Notorious Stretch
- Hubway bike-sharing program is on a roll
- Bicyclists now barred from road
- Massachusetts named 3rd most 'Bicycle Friendly State' in the country
- Bicyclists to be barred from private road at Weston Golf Club
- Federal Transportation Bill A Step Backwards July 3, 2012
- Autumn Escape Bike Trek – September 28th – 30th June 29, 2012
- Update: The 2012 Summer Century and Family Fun Ride Routes Set June 27, 2012
- Keep MassBike Rolling During Our 2012 Summer Appeal June 27, 2012
- On-Street Bike Parking = Awesome! June 20, 2012
- MassBike Believes In Bicycle Infrastructure February 26, 2010
- Bicycle Movies October 7, 2009
- It’s Time To Pass A Vulnerable Road Users Bill April 9, 2010
- Fatal Crash In Brighton August 10, 2010
- It’s Time To Get Past Rage September 14, 2011
- Update: The 2012 Summer Century and Family Fun Ride Routes Set | MassBike: [...] for the 2012 Summer Century and Family Fun R...
- David: Henry: You're right, the racks could be better. B...
- Henry Lieberman: Yes, those new rack-in-parking-spaces are great. B...
- Alex: Somerville has installed 10 bike corrals, as these...
- SGJ: One of these is desperately needed at Fresh Pond m...