Star magazine’s “Most Hated Celebrity” and People’s “Most Beautiful Woman in the World” – Gwyneth Paltrow – is both famous and infamous for her dedication to her strict diet.
A vegetarian, Paltrow avoids red meat and gluten, opting mostly for superfoods like kale and almonds.
But is the diet feasible for normal hard-working women who don’t have an unlimited food budget? Rebecca Harrington, a writer for The Cut, wanted to find out.
Harrington follows the strict diet for ten days, journaling her struggles and breakthroughs along the way. Here are some of the pros and cons she experienced:
- Harrington noted that although many of Paltrow’s recipes may sound strange, they are actually tasty. Wet almonds, beet-greens soup and kale smoothies are somehow “weirdly delicious”.
- At the end of the experiment, Harrington reports losing four pounds, toning her arms and clearer eyes. Not bad for only ten days.
- Harrington says she was never hungry during the diet.
- Ingredients like raw honey and kale can really impact your grocery bill. Harrington says she spent three times as much as usual for one week’s worth of food.
- Foods like tomatoes, deep sea fish and gluten are entirely eliminated.
Harrington ends her journal saying the morning after she broke the diet, she woke up with a huge rash across her face. It seems like Paltrow’s detox diet worked.