Joshua Holt, a Utah native held in Venezuelan jail for nearly two years, returned to U.S. soil on Saturday, and was welcomed by President Trump. In 2016, the 26-year-old set out for Venezuela to marry his fiancée Thamara Candelo, but ended up in the El Helicoide prison without trial, after police claimed to have found weapons in the couple's apartment. As NPR reported last year: "After their honeymoon last year, the couple settled into Candelo's apartment in a housing project on the outskirts...
- Maple Syrup Makers Don’t Want An ‘Added Sugar’ Label
- Northern Pass Poised For State Supreme Court Review, Amid New Legal Challenge
- Black Drug Users Grapple With Surging Opioid Overdose Death Rates
- Long Trail Relocation Brings New Accessible Boardwalk To Smugglers’ Notch
- For Hurricane Evacuee And Mom, Persistence Leads To Graduation