The shooting death of an undocumented woman at the hands of a U.S. Border Patrol agent in Rio Bravo, Texas, near Laredo, Wednesday is ratcheting up tensions along the U.S.-Mexico border. According to a statement released by Customs and Border Protection (CBP), a lone agent was responding "to a report of illegal activity by Centeno Lane...where he discovered a group of illegal aliens" just after noon. The statement adds: "Initial reports indicate that as the agent attempted to apprehend the...
- Ancient Sturgeon Slowly Recovering In Lake Champlain, But Protection Efforts Still A Priority
- Recent Human Smuggling Cases Shine Light On Vermont-Canada Border
- In Sanctuary To Avoid Deportation, Immigrant Needs Emergency Appendix Surgery
- Re-Discovered Tapes Detail Memories of New England Holocaust Survivors
- Facing Rider Fury, Steamship Authority To Undergo Top-To-Bottom Audit