Saying thank you to a voice seeker doesn’t cost a penny and the effects of true gratitude can be remarkable. A bit of old fashioned business etiquette can go a long way to help keep your customers happy and wanting to do business with you. What am I talking about? I’m talking about thank you notes and even thank you presents if the occasion calls for it.
- With the growth of the internet and the ability to do so many voice over jobs remotely in the comfort of your own booth, it can be easy to lose that personal touch when you are dealing with clients. This is where a thank you note can make a profound impression on a client that you may have just worked with. Thank you emails are good but they don’t carry the same power as a thank you note received in the post. Let’s face it; we hardly ever get personal post any more. All our communications seem to come through email so when you get a piece of post personally addressed to you then it creates an impression.
- Invite your most loyal customers into a VIP rewards program. Customers love the red carpet treatment, which is why Amazon’s Prime membership or the Zappos VIP program is so popular. Your rewards program doesn’t have to be complex, it can be as simple as offering most frequent users of your voice over services an annual discount on your birthday month.
- If your customers are all over the country or even the world (like us!) it’s a special treat to meet up for a coffee date in their city. Every time you travel, look up customers that live in the area and offer to buy them a coffee. Also, you can send them gifts cards to popular coffee shop in their areas or you can send them a treat. Cookies or sweets are a winning idea—liked by all and easy to share. Going out of your way to check in with a loyal customer and spend quality time while you’re on the road creates a lasting impression for both of you.
- Send cards on unique holidays. This lessen the chance of your card getting overlooked in a mass of other cards by sending it to a customer on a unique holiday. The sky’s the limit with this one. Capitalize on the colorful (and odd!) holidays out there, such as International Towel Day or National Planking Day. Check out a listing of unique holidays here.
- Make your voice over seekers laugh. If you’re fortunate enough to have a creative mind, make a funny and personalized gift. One idea; Photoshop your client into a famous movie poster, rename it something clever and email the picture with your note of “Thanks for your business!”
Have questions for us? Simply set an appointment and we will get in touch for a little chat.