View Paolo’s full profile. It's free!
Your colleagues, classmates, and 400 million other professionals are on LinkedIn.View Paolo’s Full Profile
Survey finds half of consumers would prefer to conduct all...
"People judge an experience by the most intense point and...
“Effective product specs are a critical part of building...
In my role I am responsible for the technical discovery, definition and delivery of custom implementations and/or third party integration for our customer's communities within a SaaS environment - primarily for new community launches.
Leading a team of 8 developers. I am responsible for timely delivery and technical review of all the projects assigned to the team, as well as conducting regular performance reviews for the employees and helping them in progressing their careers. I work closely with the project manager to define delivery plans and controlling their execution (time/costs/scope and technical feasibility), from the requirements definition phase to post production.
In my role I also monitor the capacity of the live systems and maintain a strong relationship with our customers with frequent on site visits.
I've been one of the lead developers for several projects on the William Hill account.
My main achievement was the successful delivery of the William Hill Italia site (Casino / Sports / Bingo & Slots). The site went live in July 2011 within the first batch of new licensees (first to market). In this role I have:
- Partecipated in the software analysis trough the entire project
- Written several technical specification documents for customers, third parties and developers
- Developed key components and assigned development tasks to other developers
- Acted as the first point of contact for change management, issue escalation and bug fixing
- Travelled frequently to meet customers and third parties
- Performed technical management for the software certification stages - ensuring that the deliverables were compliant with the regulation, and representing the company during the official tests
I worked as a developer for the William Hill account - delivering variable sized projects (back-end, front-end and third party integrations)
- Proven track record of timely deliveries and minimal bug count on my projects
- Established and maintained an excellent relationship with our customers
During my studies I have occasionally worked as a freelance writer for various websites. The topics were usually of a technical nature - for example programming guides - but I have also written video games review and other topics (such as history or science)
During my studies I have worked as a freelance Web Developer for small local companies or creating personal websites. The main technologies I have been exposed to in this role are:
- Web Frameworks (Turbogears, Django, MooTools)
- RDBMS (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Web servers (Apache)
- Search Engine Optimisation techniques
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver software
I’ve reorganized the documentation in a Java software project.
Teaching tutor in "Advanced Programming" college course (mainly C language and its network functions)
I've prepared the documentation for a web development course. This was to be taught to a group of five people from a company within the Fashion Industry in Milan. I have then ran the course on site.
The goal of the course was to provide an entry-level understanding of XHTML/CSS, W3C standars, basic design concepts, FTP clients and Dreamweaver to employees coming from a non technical background, in order to coach them and allow them to perform new duties within their roles.
I’ve realized an help desk ticket system (ASP) to maintain and assist request allocation to available technicians.
- Pre-Sales Technical Consulting
- Web Development
- Requirements Gathering
- Project Estimation
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Engineering
- Web Services
- Software Development
- Agile Methodologies
- Software Design
- Transactional Systems
- Database Design
- Team Management
- Team Leadership
- Technical Recruiting
- Design Patterns
- Web Application Security
- Team Oriented
- Team Performance
- Online Gambling
- Code Review
- Release Management
- System Monitoring
- Web Applications
- Technical Staff Management
- Software Estimation
- Has errors
Honors & Awards
Best new starter award (over 70 candidates)
Politecnico di Milano
- Distributed SystemsDistributed Systems
- Advanced DatabasesAdvanced Databases
- Advanced Software EngineeringAdvanced Software Engineering
- Regular Languages and Compilers Regular Languages and Compilers
Full professional proficiency
Native or bilingual proficiency
Limited working proficiency
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Pro-bono technical consulting for the customization of the Breast Cancer Care Support Community ( http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/ )
Opportunities Paolo is looking for:
- Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)
A preview of what LinkedIn members have to say about Paolo:
Paolo joined Openbet as a developer and quickly progressed quickly up the ranks to Technical Lead. He is very capable technically, articulate and considered in his approach, and a safe pair of hands in front of senior customers. A pleasure to work with, recommended.
I highly recommend Paolo as a Technical Lead. I worked closely with Paolo at Openbet for 4 years where he was considered a crucial member of the team. I endorse his excellent technical, team management and customer-facing skills.
Find a different Paolo Tagliaferri
Sr. Exec. Biotech-Pharma - Consulting, Gen.Mngmnt, Mktng/Sls, Bus.Dev., Latin America, Intl Mrkts
Public profile badge
Include this LinkedIn profile on other websitesView profile badges
Add new skills with these courses