Updated at 11:30pm Political rookie Jahana Hayes has pulled off an upset in the Democratic primary in the 5th Congressional District. Her opponent Mary Glassman conceded the race, congratulating Hayes as a "tough competitor" who ran a good race. Hayes is a former National Teacher of the Year. She will face former Meriden mayor Manny Santos in November.
- New England Governors, Eastern Canadian Premiers Seek Truce On Trade War
- As Trade Tensions Build, New England Governors And Canadian Premiers Stress Regional Ties
- As Crisis Rocks Dairy Industry, Farmers Focus On How To Manage Milk Supply
- For an Authentic American Experience, Chinese Kids Spend Summer in a Small N.H. Town
- Forum On Diversity In New Hampshire Sparks Angry Response, Threats To Attendees
More From Connecticut Public Radio
A Syracuse University study revealed that the Hartford Immigration Court on average sets the highest bonds in the nation for undocumented immigrants facing deportation proceedings. At $15,000, it’s twice the national average.