Mindful Leader Inc.
Co-Founder Mindful Leader Inc.
Join LinkedIn & access Mo’s full profile
Co-Founder 2013 - Mindful Leader Inc (www.mindfulleader.org), Created the Mindful Leadership Summit bringing together over 500 leaders and aspiring leaders for a multi-day summit in the Washington DC metro area. With over 25+ speakers, workshops, and talks this conference is the leading conference in bringing mindfulness to the workplace and mindful leadership training. Speakers include: Janice Marturano, Congressman Tim Ryan, Rich Fernandez, Daniel Goleman, Sharon Salzberg, Tara Brach, Dan Harris, Michael Carroll, Tom Gardner, Barbara Krumsiek, and many more.
DevOps & Agile Enterprise Management Consultant
Provide Technical and Management expertise on DevOps, Agile Enterprise and Lean IT. Assisted in development of high value proposal focused on DevOps transformation of Federal agency.
Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager for USCIS Transformation Integration and Configuration Services. Fundamentally changing the way the federal government develops software by delivering DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Managed 13M dollar program and team of 20+ highly technical professionals in support of USCIS transformation enterprise software development (over 20 teams). Technologies include Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Git, Gradle, Chef, Redmine, Confluence, and Hyperic on the CI/CD & Ops side. Development is in Java, STS, Active MQ, Mongo DB, and Oracle. As a result of program performance client increased headcount by over 50% and the program expanded to include Cloud and System workstreams.
Founder 2012 - TeleSangha (www.telesangha.com), Created service and technology platform that has enabled over 140+ people to establish a daily meditation program. The program success is based on enabling the creation of a new habit through the support of a community and the ease of technology.
(via HITSS contract / DMI) Lead a variety of IT projects supporting NASA HQ and agency stakeholders. Projects spanned across all facets of IT from application development to operations and engineering.
• Lead cross functional team in creation of NASA HQ Data Center Consolidation analysis in response to agency Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI). This project was identified as the number one priority for Headquarters IT. More than 25 resources across the PMO office, development team, engineering team, and operations team were involved. Analysis provided a detailed examination of every application and server along with a plan to migrate and consolidate 200 applications/websites and over 300 servers. Analysis included cloud computing, virtualization, and remote center hosting options
• Oversaw the implementation of the Office of Education Performance Measurement System (OEPM). This system is used nationwide by hundreds of users to provide critical performance data to NASA. Managed contractor development team and provided NASA Office of Education leadership and Office of Chief Information Officer recommendations and updates. Worked directly with Deputy Assistant Administrator and presented regular updates and project milestones to Assistant Administrator.
• Managed variety of short term projects across infrastructure, engineering, and application development teams. Worked with senior technology leadership, NASA leadership and diverse cross functional teams. Project including developing coding standards, cloud computing migration policies, updating an online image gallery web application, migrating from Hyperion to Business Objects Enterprise Web Intelligence platform, migrating servers from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10, enabling IPv6 and numerous software updates.
Founder 2009 - ZenCEO (www.zenceo.com), Created online community, blog and workshops around Mindful Leadership. Online community grew to over 28K people, with audience reach on post surpassing 400K+. Transitioned assets to Mindful Leader Inc.
Founded and managed technical staffing, recruiting and training company. Bootstrapped business and grew into 30 employee, multimillion dollar company in three years. Established and cultivated relationships with alliance partners and key clients. Defined and implemented technical training programs. Oversaw all department heads, directly managed IT department and marketing initiatives. Planned and managed annual operating P&L.
• Orchestrated design and implementation of call center infrastructure complete with VoIP telephony platform, IVR, call routing solutions, CRM system, Exchange and SharePoint Server, and recruiting applications.
• Secured high-profile relationship with Microsoft to create their Talent Capacity Program internal to Microsoft and for Microsoft partners, generating more than $2M in revenue.
Oversaw 7-person team in all facets of internet software product management and IT project management. Forged relationships with key client stakeholders to identify functional needs, develop solution strategies, and create technical specifications. Defined project plans complete with scope, milestones, deliverables, and work breakdown structures. Led teams through custom application and Web development, testing, implementation, change/release management, and integration support.
• Managed integration, customization, and launch of online SaaS banking solution for Commerce Bank.
• Led architecture design and development of Siebel CRM Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) through all lifecycle phases for Home Shopping Network (HSN).
• Led design and development of multi-tenant, white label SaaS Web portal solution for internet startup.
• Led design and development of web based alumni management system for for the University of North Carolina, Charlotte Alumni Association.
Performed requirements gathering and analysis and application development with global clients, government agencies, and Fortune 500 accounts for Accenture’s Internet New Media Technology Group. Coordinated solution integration.
• Lead Developer for U.S. Postal Service enterprise content management system Web portal prototype, guiding solution design, development, and testing.
• Lead Developer of search framework for Air Liquide’s (French utility company) Web-based energy management solution.
• Performed Oracle data mapping, migration and transformation project for Pennsylvania Power & Light.
The Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW) is a spiritual community that teaches and practices Insight (Vipassana) meditation in the Washington, DC metro area. IMCW has grown from a small group gathered around Tara Brach to one of the largest meditation communities in the U.S.A.
Tara Brach continues to lead the weekly Wednesday night meditation class of over 250 people at RRUUC in Bethesda, MD. There is also now an extensive program of ongoing meditation classes, day-long, weekend, week-long residential meditation retreats and special classes throughout the Washington DC area led by a growing IMCW teacher body of over 50 teachers in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia.
In addition to founder and senior teacher, Tara Brach, IMCW is guided by a collective of four senior teachers, a Board of Directors and an advisory board of several non-residential Vipassana teachers including Jack Kornfield, James Baraz, Carol Wilson, Sharon Salzberg, Joseph Goldstein and Larry Yang.
IAMCP was formed in 1994 to provide Partners a greater voice into Microsoft and to facilitate mutual growth and business development. It is the largest Microsoft Partner community in the world with chapters in well over 40+ countries and 1000s+ members.
Founded the DC chapter, recruited and created an Executive Board, held 6+ events a year consistently for 5 years, grew to over 50 members, became to the fourth largest chapter nationwide, hosted the first IAMCP business development conference, raised over $10k for charity, became recognized as a national charter member and hosted Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2010.
A preview of what LinkedIn members have to say about Mo:
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Expert in Project Management and Technology Operations
Technical Lead & Senior Systems Engineer at InfoZen
Continuous Innovator, Lean Startup Expert, and Product Designer
MID Dev-Ops CI/CD AWS Engineer @ InfoZen
Vice President of Software Development at InfoZen
Senior Vice President at InfoZen
DevOps and Information Security Professional
DevOps Tech Lead at InfoZen