IT Project & Program Management
- Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Information Technology and Services
Mo Edjlali's Overview
- Senior IT Project Manager at NASA
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Project Management Institute
- Yorktown High School (Arlington)
18 people have recommended Mo
Mo Edjlali's Summary
IT PROJECT & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ~ IMPLEMENTATION & INTEGRATION ~ ENGAGEMENT MANAGEMENT
Dedicated technical management professional combines PMP with solid experience gathering requirements, analyzing business needs, and guiding IT projects through their full lifecycle. Excellent communication, training, and problem-solving skills; can convey complex technical concepts to clients, executives and stakeholders of all levels. Adept at defining scope, milestones, and deliverables for a broad range of technical initiatives.
Lifecycle Project/Program Management • Project Planning • Team Building & Leadership • Vendor Management • Solution Design & Integration • Business Analysis • Change & Release Management • Technology Initiatives • Risk Analysis/Management • Systems Analysis • Resource Management • Deliverable & Milestone Fulfillment
Mo Edjlali's Experience
Senior IT Project Manager
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Aviation & Aerospace industry
March 2011 – Present (3 years 1 month) Washington D.C. Metro Area
(via HITSS contract / DMI) Lead a variety of IT projects supporting NASA HQ and agency stakeholders. Projects spanned across all facets of IT from application development to operations and engineering.
• Lead cross functional team in creation of NASA HQ Data Center Consolidation analysis in response to agency Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI). This project was identified as the number one priority for Headquarters IT. More than 25 resources across the PMO office, development team, engineering team, and operations team were involved. Analysis provided a detailed examination of every application and server along with a plan to migrate and consolidate 200 applications/websites and over 300 servers. Analysis included cloud computing, virtualization, and remote center hosting options
• Oversaw the implementation of the Office of Education Performance Measurement System (OEPM). This system is used nationwide by hundreds of users to provide critical performance data to NASA. Managed contractor development team and provided NASA Office of Education leadership and Office of Chief Information Officer recommendations and updates. Worked directly with Deputy Assistant Administrator and presented regular updates and project milestones to Assistant Administrator.
• Managed variety of short term projects across infrastructure, engineering, and application development teams. Worked with senior technology leadership, NASA leadership and diverse cross functional teams. Project including developing coding standards, cloud computing migration policies, updating an online image gallery web application, migrating from Hyperion to Business Objects Enterprise Web Intelligence platform, migrating servers from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10, enabling IPv6 and numerous software updates.
Principal Technical & Strategic Consultant
Management Consulting industry
2009 – February 2011 (2 years)
Lead all aspects of technical and business growth engagement management with clients in diverse industries. Establish and cultivate relationships with client executives and business stakeholders to identify needs and to develop solution strategies. Collaborate with executives to craft winning business strategies and technology road maps. Provide extensive leadership training, resource planning, and process improvement support.
• Leveraged technology solutions, including third-party COTS systems, reporting platforms, and training protocols, helping customers to achieve 2-fold sales growth and to attain record earnings.
• Launched social media campaign and business best practices blog, capturing 17K Facebook fans.
January 2005 – March 2010 (5 years 3 months)
IAMCP was formed in 1994 to provide Partners a greater voice into Microsoft and to facilitate mutual growth and business development. It is the largest Microsoft Partner community in the world with chapters in well over 40+ countries and 1000s+ members.
Founded the DC chapter, recruited and created an Executive Board, held 6+ events a year consistently for 5 years, grew to over 50 members, became to the fourth largest chapter nationwide, hosted the first IAMCP business development conference, raised over $10k for charity, became recognized as a national charter member and hosted Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2010.
Founder & IT Director
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Staffing and Recruiting industry
2003 – 2009 (6 years) 3975 University Drive Suite 460 Fairfax, VA 22030
Founded and managed technical staffing, recruiting and training company. Bootstrapped business and grew into 30 employee, multimillion dollar company in three years. Established and cultivated relationships with alliance partners and key clients. Defined and implemented technical training programs. Oversaw all department heads, directly managed IT department and marketing initiatives. Planned and managed annual operating P&L.
• Orchestrated design and implementation of call center infrastructure complete with VoIP telephony platform, IVR, call routing solutions, CRM system, Exchange and SharePoint Server, and recruiting applications.
• Secured high-profile relationship with Microsoft to create their Talent Capacity Program internal to Microsoft and for Microsoft partners, generating more than $2M in revenue.
IT Project Manager
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; FICO; Computer Software industry
2000 – 2003 (3 years)
Oversaw 7-person team in all facets of IT project management. Forged relationships with key client stakeholders to identify functional needs, develop solution strategies, and create technical specifications. Defined project plans complete with scope, milestones, deliverables, and work breakdown structures. Led teams through custom application and Web development, testing, implementation, change/release management, and integration support.
• Managed integration, customization, and launch of online SaaS banking solution for Commerce Bank.
• Led architecture design and development of Siebel CRM Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) through all lifecycle phases for Home Shopping Network (HSN).
• Directed custom design and development of Broadvision CMS platform from the ground up creating Loyalty Works’ multi-tenant, white label SaaS Web portal solution. Resulted in successfully securing commitments for 3 additional phases of work.
• Headed team of 2 in code review, specification development, use case documentation, and application development for the University of North Carolina, Charlotte Alumni Association.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ACN; Management Consulting industry
1998 – 2000 (2 years)
Performed requirements gathering and analysis and application development with global clients, government agencies, and Fortune 500 accounts for Accenture’s Internet New Media Technology Group. Coordinated solution integration.
• Served as Lead Developer for U.S. Postal Service enterprise content management system Web portal prototype, crafting deliverable documentation and guiding solution design, development, and testing.
• Directed development of search framework for Air Liquide’s (French utility company) Web-based energy management solution.
• Performed Oracle data mapping, migration and transformation project for Pennsylvania Power & Light.
Mo Edjlali's Skills & Expertise
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Program Management
- Business Analysis
- IT Strategy
- Requirements Analysis
- Project Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Technical Recruiting
- Vendor Management
- Process Improvement
- Business Intelligence
- Software Development
- Business Development
- Strategic Partnerships
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Planning
- IT Management
- Cloud Computing
- Requirements Gathering
- Information Technology
- Performance Management
- Business Process
- Project Portfolio Management
- Solution Architecture
- Talent Management
- Management Consulting
- Change Management
- Software Project Management
- Agile Methodologies
- MS Project
Mo Edjlali's Education
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Engineering, focus on Computer Science
1994 – 1998
Activities and Societies: IEEE Communications Chair, DISC Virtual Corporation Director of Application Design, Founder DC Flava
Project Management Institute
PMP, PMI / PMBOK
2010 – 2010
Yorktown High School (Arlington)
1990 – 1994
Mo Edjlali's Additional Information
View Mo Edjlali’s full profile to...
- See who you and Mo Edjlali know in common
- Get introduced to Mo Edjlali
- Contact Mo Edjlali directly