Type content here...
We're glad you found us. Here are three things you should know about us:
WHO WE ARE
Church of the Apostles is a community of people who live, work, and worship together in Fairfield and all over Southwest Connecticut. We celebrate the Gospel, and we seek to love and serve our community in the name of Jesus Christ.
OUR WORSHIP SERVICES
We meet together for worship every Sunday morning at 10AM in the Roger Ludlowe Middle School Auditorium. We are a liturgical church, and we conclude every Sunday service with Holy Communion. Childcare and Sunday School is available; the nursery opens at 9:45AM. For more about our Sunday Service, click here!
A FAMILY OF CHURCHES
Church of the Apostles is one congregation within a larger family of churches under the authority of the Anglican Church in North America. Want to learn more? Contact us at email@example.com or call 203-696-0600. We'd love to hear from you!
Stay up to date by reading the weekly notes from Brian!
Upcoming Events + Update:
- Annual Parish Meeting Postponed. The Annual Parish Meeting will be held this Sunday, February 26 in the cafeteria at Roger Ludlowe following the morning worship service. We will be presenting the financial picture from 2016 as well as the budget for 2017. We will also be approving three new Parish Council nominees and approving some changes to the Church of the Apostles By-Laws. Copies of the By-Law changes can be found on the greeters table in the foyer or here. If you need an absentee ballot or have any questions, please contact Jane in the church office.
- 2016 Annual Meeting Mintues. Click here.
- Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday marks the first day of the Lenten Season on the Church Calendar. The season on Lent provides a time which those who follow Christ are invited to self-examination, and repentance by prayer, fasting, and self-denial. The Ash Wednesday Service is the beginning of this season and is an important beginning where we will come together and consider Christ's suffering and sin, our call to bear our cross and follow Him, and our own mortality as human beings. Join us on Wednesday, March 1 at 7 p.m. at the Roger Ludlowe Middle School Auditorium for this meaningful and special service.
- Family Movie Night. Join us Friday, March 3 for Apostles' Family Movie Night. We will be watching Disney's Finding Dory
at 6:00pm at the church office. Pizza and snacks will be provided.
There is a $5 suggested donation per person, if possible. Please RSVP to Amy Willers by March 1.
- Apostles Youth at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. On Saturday, March 18 the Apostles' Youth
(Grades 6-12) will be going to a Bridgeport Sound Tigers hockey game
together. We will meet at the church offices at 6:45 p.m. and head to
the game. Kids can be picked up at the office following the game
(approximately 10:30 p.m.). Tickets for the event are limited and
discounted at $10 each (scholarships are available) and can be reserved
by contacting Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fellowship Dinners. Gathering around food and drink is such an important part of
our life together as a church family. This was also true of Jesus who
routinely gathered with his friends around a meal. Our Apostles' family
will be meeting together for fellowship dinners in March. We're shooting
for the weekend of March 25; however, dinners may be held on a couple
of different weekends toward the end of the month. The idea is to have
people gather in small groups to simply be together as friends, and
brothers and sisters in Christ, while we eat and talk. To make this
work, we need host families. Would you consider opening up your home and
hosting once, twice or three times in 2017? If so, contact Kevin Dillon
with the following information: your address, how many guests that you
feel you can accommodate, and how many times you are willing to host in