The Emmys wrapped up for another year with last night's ceremony bestowing awards for the...
Studio Job Listings
- Vice President, On Air Promotions, FOX Sports Marketing (Charlotte,...
- Communications Manager - Hospice of the Bluegrass - Lexington, KY
- Reporter/MMJ WXYZ - The E.W. Scripps Company - MI
- Architectural Designer - AECOM - San Francisco, CA
- BIM Coordinator - Mexico - AECOM - San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Follow us on Twitter
- SMPTE’s Howard Lukk on the Upcoming Time Code Summits
- Hollywood Professional Association Names 2016 HPA Awards Nominees
- DJI Introduces Mavic Pro Portable Drone with Stabilized 4K Camera
- Nikon Acquires Mark Roberts Motion Control
- Panasonic Brings a Lumix GH5 Prototype to Photokina
- Want 8K? Cinegy Says It’s All About the Codec
- Colorfront Updates Transkoder for 8K
- Thales Angenieux’s New Lenses Have Large Sensors in Mind
- IBM at IBC: Ensure Fast Video Archive Access with Flape
- Review: Imagine Products ShotPut Pro 6
- eGuide: 7 Pitfalls of Relying on FTP to Move Large Files - Sponsored Content
- All in One Avid Post Production Bundle - Sponsored Content
SMPTE is planning a series of Time Code Summits aimed at gathering feedback that will help shape the drafting of a new "Time...
It isn’t every day one gets invited to head up a major department on a Clint Eastwood film when you consider the fact that...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- Jon Favreau to Direct Disney’s Live Action Lion King
[via The Wrap]
- Stephen Colbert Reboots The Late Show, Fixing It on the Fly
[via The New York Times]
- Guardians of the Galaxy Writer Nicole Perlman Tackling ‘True Skin’ for Amazon Studios
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Says Company’s Creative Involvement Is “Always Invited”
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Sep 28 Film Meets Art II
See how famous works of art — Chagall, Norman Rockwell, Peter Brueger the Elder — Sexy Beast, Empire of the Sun, The Mirror — influenced and informed specific shots from great directors' movies in "Film Meets Art II," the latest in a series created by Vugar Efendi. (Some nudity is involve…
Director Jonathan Demme is deservedly famous as a narrative filmmaker — he won the Oscar for directing The Silence of the Lambs — but he's almost as well known as a documentarian. His special rapport with musicians has informed his work with Neil Young, Robyn Hitchcock, and Talking Heads,…
Hundreds of 35mm film reels used as landfill underneath a hockey rink in the Canadian town of Dawson City back in the 1920s were rediscovered decades later, perfectly preserved in the permafrost. Now, found-footage specialist Bill Morrison (Decasia) has assembled the forgotten reels as pa…