The concept of "Black Friday" — the kick-start for the holiday selling season in the...
Studio Job Listings
- Motion Graphics Designer at Booz Allen Hamilton - Booz Allen...
- Artist/Multimedia Director, Senior at Booz Allen Hamilton - Booz...
- Technical Editor/Writer II - Raytheon - Burlington, MA
- Sr. Technical Editor/Writer I - Raytheon - Burlington, MA
- Interior Design Instructor with Emphasis in Interior Design - Texas...
Follow us on Twitter
- Editor Joe Walker on Cutting Arrival
- BBC Starts Trials of Streaming UHD and HDR Content via iPlayer
- Academy Names Documentary Features in Line for Oscar
- Deluxe Talks Dolby Vision, Daredevil and the Ins and Outs of HDR
- American Society of Cinematographers Announces Television Nominees
- Review: Panasonic VariCam LT 4K Camcorder
- DreamWorks Animation Reportedly Cutting More Jobs in Glendale
- MPSE to Give Guillermo del Toro Filmmaker Award
- Academy Reveals 20 Contenders for VFX Oscar
- AJA Updates RovoControl Software, Ships New SDI Receiver
BBC is starting online trials of Ultra HD HDR content in the U.K. through its online media service, BBC iPlayer. Beginning...
Denis Villeneuve's new film Arrival plays with language in myriad forms: literal, intellectual, oral, emotional, visual,...
Video display systems specialist Planar Systems is acquiring optical-tracking technology company NaturalPoint, which makes...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- Hairspray Live! Is NBC’s Lowest-Rated Live Musical
[via The New York Times]
- Paramount Dates Cloverfield Imax Film, Removes J.J. Abrams’ God Particle from Schedule
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- HTC Debuts Vive Studios, Building VR Games that Highlight the Strengths of Its Platform
- A Look at the Canon C700 and DP-V2420 Monitor
[via Abel Cine CineTechnica]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Dutch director Peet Gelderblom finds that a single Hitchcock sequence — the shower murder from Psycho — resonates across Brian De Palma's entire career in this split-screen video essay. (Of course it's NSFW.) You may remember Gelderblom as the guy who made a fan re-edit of Raising Cain th…
Time takes a look at the circumstances behind those famous photographs of Rockefeller Center construction workers enjoying their lunch perched on a narrow beam 800 feet over Manhattan — including a glimpse at the photographers who took them.
Film critic David Ehrlich once again creates a montage of movie moments from his 25 favorite films of the year, set to a backing track of songs used in the year's film releases.