The technology and engineering behind ACES, the open-source Academy Color Encoding...
Studio Job Listings
- Video Producer and Digital Storytelling Coach - Digital Promise...
- Instructional Designer for Online Courses - Ross Institute/School -...
- Video Editor and Shooter - Ross Institute/School - East Hampton,...
- Faculty Position in Animation at Assistant or Associate Professor...
- HokieVision Broadcast Specialist/Producer - Virginia Tech - Blacksburg, VA
Follow us on Twitter
- Canon’s New EOS 5D Mark IV Shoots 4K 30p Video
- Sony Unveils HXR-NX5R Camera Plus New Remote, Switcher
- IBC to Industry: Yes, IP Solutions Play Well With One Another
- Director Robert Greene on Kate Plays Christine
- Here’s the Technology Being Considered for 2016 Sci-Tech Oscars
- Radiant Images Teams with AMD on VR Stitching Technology
- Composer Harry Gregson-Williams to Keynote Production Music Conference
- Sound Designer Ted Marcus Joins NY’s SuperExploder
- Cartoni to Launch Master 30 Lightweight Fluid Heads at IBC
- AMIA, Alamo Drafthouse, Set 35mm Projection Workshop Next Week in Austin
- All in One Avid Post Production Bundle - Sponsored Content
- What You Need in a Laptop for Video Editing and Streaming Live Production - Sponsored Content
Canon has upgraded its EOS 5D DSLR to shoot 4K (4096x2160) video at 23,98p, 24p or 29.97p in M-JPEG format. The new EOS 5D...
Need to scratch that 3D itch? Cinema 4D maker Maxon and writer Meleah Maynard offered StudioDaily this close-up look at the...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- Ang Lee Is Embracing a Faster Film Format. Can Theaters Keep Up?
[via The New York Times]
- NBCUniversal Completes Purchase of DreamWorks Animation; Katzenberg Payday Tops $390 Million
[via Los Angeles Times]
- Intel’s Fastest Ever Processor, Coming This Fall
- Harry Dean Stanton to Receive Inaugural Harry Dean Stanton Award
[via Entertainment Weekly]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
The Verge heads behind the scenes at Laika to look at the meticulous craft that went into the studio's latest animated feature, Kubo and the Two Strings.
Aug 22 Neon Indian: Annie
Neon Indian's Alan Palomo — born in 1988 — directed this music video that trades in icons of 1980s and 1990s nostalgia, including pay phones, cassette tape recorders, saturated neon colors, and karaoke videos. It was shot on magnificently glitchy VHS tape by Dustin Reid.
Aug 19 Interactive Dynamic Video
Researchers Abe Davis, Justin G. Chen and Fredo Durand have developed a new form of animation based on analyzing minute vibrations in video footage. Through close observation of those micro-movements, sufficiently clever algorithms can determine an object's behavioral characteristics unde…