- RagLite Crowdsources Rollout of Portable Cine LED Lights
- Blackmagic Upgrades Ursa to Shoot 4K at 80p
- 4K Cameras: What’s the State of the Art in 2014?
- Polecam/Antelope Camera Rig Captures 350 fps Underwater
- Editor Dody Dorn on Fury‘s Wrenching Mortal Combat
- Avid Says 3,200 Users Are Paying for Media Composer Subscriptions
- People & Places: Alan Tudyk Directs, Austin’s New Film Studio, The Foundry’s Mischief and More
- From the Trenches: The Panasonic AJ-PX270 Goes Behind the Scenes for Equals
- Sounddogs Buys Todd-Soundelux Sound-Effects Libraries
- Panavision’s New Primo 70 Lenses Are in Stock and Ready to Go
Industry veterans Chad Soderholm and Lori Allen wanted to create a set of portable, lightweight, bright and virtually...
Dody Dorn, ACE, began her career as an assistant film editor, as most editors do. But she soon moved on to Foley and...
The Daily Feed
In this nine-minute video tutorial, Graham Austin of South Africa's DI...
- Netflix Still Dominates Streaming, but Amazon Is Picking Up Steam
- The Stand Adaptation Now Planned As Four Movies
- Zero Theorem Producers Battling Graffiti Artists Aiming to Halt Film’s Distribution
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Major Game Publishers Express Concern About VR’s Motion Sickness Problem
[via Ars Technica]
- Oscars 2014: Who Are This Year’s Visual Effects Contenders?
[via Cartoon Brew]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Nov 21 Red: A Kubrick Supercut
Short and sweet (with a couple of NSFW moments), this montage created by Rishi Kaneria takes in Stanley Kubrick's striking usage of the color red in shots from seven different films.
Turn back time and watch Leslie Caron hand the Oscar to Mike Nichols for his second film as director, The Graduate.
Nov 19 Biolapse: Carnivora Gardinum
Turns out carnivorous plants are even freakier looking when you shoot them in time-lapse. Filmmaker Chris Field made this video over the course of 107 days straight shooting with Fujifilm X-E1 and X-M1 mirrorless digital cameras. Click through to the Vimeo page to see more about the equip…