Studio Job Listings
- Director of Programming - University of Indianapolis - Indianapolis,...
- Creative Director - Henninger Media Services - Arlington, Virginia
- Senior Creative Design Specialist - NAEYC - Washington, Dist. Columbia
- Senior Broadcast Engineer - WXXI - Rochester, New York
- Multimedia Producer, News and Communications - Wake Forest...
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Review: Sony PXW-FS7 4K Camcorder
- Time-Travel Back to VHS-Era Action with “Kung Fury”
- GoPro Is Developing Its Own Drones, VR Camera Rigs
- Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrowland: VFX Supe Craig Hammack
- Keep Me Posted on Better Call Saul‘s SSD-Enabled 4K Workflow
- Scanline VFX Relocates Data Centers to Internap in Los Angeles
- What’s New in Apple’s 15-Inch MacBook Pro?
- The Foundry Has a New Owner: London-Based Equity Firm HgCapital
- Animal Logic Will Open Vancouver Studio to Work on The Lego Movie Sequel
- Review: Rampant Design Tools Style Effects
A camera system is only as good as its optics. That's long been one of the triusms of our profession as filmmakers and...
Disney’s Tomorrowland has received rave reviews for the effects and surprisingly, given its writers and director, lukewarm...
The new VideoBlocks Marketplace, launched this week, is aiming to put a good deal of the profits from the stock footage...
The Daily Feed
From Matthew Pearce, a tutorial showing an approach to color-grading for...
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues Medley Capital, Deloitte for $100 Million
[via The Wrap]
- Hollywood Hologram Wars: Vicious Legal Feud Behind Virtual Mariah, Marilyn and Mick
[via The Hollywood Reporter/THR, Esq.]
- Stories from the Trenches of Film Restoration
- Eight Common Mistakes Made by New Screenwriters
- A Graphic Tale: The Visual Effects of Mad Max: Fury Road
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Jun 1 In Praise of Chairs
An unexpected video essay from Every Frame a Painting: "In film, a chair is not just a chair. It's a piece of production design. And the kind of chair you choose can say everything about the person and the world they inhabit."
May 29 Paul: DSL-Arm Sufferer
To sell a new line of lightweight DSLRs from Olympus, Boston ad boutique The Fantastical invented an affliction: DSL-Arm. This three-minute mockumentary makes the point unmistakably but gently, without coming across as a hard sell. ("He's not a monster," promises Paul's little daughter. "…
May 28 Texas Rising Main Titles
King and Country in Santa Monica was charged with outlining eight fundamental plot points—including a massacre, a seduction, and the origin of the Texas Rangers—in an all-CG show-opener for History's five-part Roland Joffé-directed miniseries, Texas Rising. Read the press release for more…