Do you ever lose control? Have a tantrum? Then regret it fiercely?
You regret the words you used. You regret your actions. You regret your tone. You regret your fear tactics. You regret shaming + blaming others. You regret it all, don’t you?
That what I call a meltdown.
It makes us feel awful.
Today I want to help you leash your inner Hulk so you don’t hurt other. So you don’t hurt yourself.
And I’m not talking about your typical breath in “abundance”. Exhale “negative thoughts” crap. Okaay, not crap. Medication + new age-y Depaak Oprah stuff has it’s place + time. But! Right now I wanna give you more practical, quicker techniques you can apply immediately, cuz you don’t always have a yoga mat near by or your zen candle, if you know what I mean.
Click play to learn my 10 Hulk-leashing techniques.
To recap, these are my 10 tips to stop a nervous breakdown on it’s tracks:
- HAVE A GLASS OF WATER
- SNUGGLE YOUR CHILD (FURRY CHILD WORKS TOO)
- MOVE YOUR BODY
- CONNECT WITH A FRIEND
- BUY SOMETHING
- HAVE YOU EATEN IN THE LAST 3 HOURS? EAT
- GET SOMETHING SMALL COMPLETED
- ASK FOR A HUG
- IS IT DAYTIME? GET DRESSED
But let’s keep growing this list, shall we? Add your meltdown remedies in the comments below. I’m so curious to hear what helps you in moments of crisis.
Thanks so much for watching + being a part of this community.
I’ll see you next week.
So, look. I get it. I get you’ve got a million things on your to-do, plus the billion other would-likes on your head.
I haven’t found the potion to take checkmark all your open items with the flick of a magic wand, but I think I’ve come up with the next best thing.
I call my miracle solution: TIME OUT!
NO! It looks nothing like the time out you give your kids when they have a tantrum.
NO! I’m talking about a #girlboss time out. Like a retreat. Or more like a work-cation.
Click play to learn more.
As promised, here’s a quick recap of the things you might want to check off your list while retreating (is that even a word?)
- Write the sales page draft.
- Make sure the product has a clear value proposition (Hint: What customers will be handing you money for.)
- Build the curriculum skeleton (i.e. program modules + book index + roadmap.)
- Decide the best way to present + package + position the content (i.e. e-book + download + e-course + membership site + self-paced program.)
- Write the darn thing. Free flow still. Don’t stop to correct or edit. Just write. You can edit after the ideas stop flowing.
- Illustrate any graphics that aid the written content.
- Design the layout of the product.
- Record videos + audios, if applicable.
- Create worksheets + PDF files, as needed.
- Proof read + quality check for errors + typos + easy-improvements. If possible hire a copy editor to revise.
- Create bonus material + incentives to make the offer extra irresistible.
- Create additional surprise rewards for early bird buyers + early adopters.
- Envision the experience you want your product to generate for buyers + non-buyers alike.
- Register + set up an exclusive domain for the product. Domains are really affordable, so you might want to get the .com + .net + .org too. I register my domains in GoDaddy.com
- Set up a special e-mail list + opt-in form for the product to collect leads for this specific offering. You can do this with your e-mail marking software like MadMimi.
- Prepare launch material.
- Write a short blurb that describes the product to give away to your affiliate partners + other media outlets.
- Rally up a team of ambassadors to help you promote the project.
- Create buttons + badges to help promote the project (i.e. sidebar ads.)
- Create a generous referral program to recruit strategic partners + brand apostles.
I hope this gives you the flexibility + structure you need to get major big audacious idea out into the world. And may the force be with you.
Sometimes you don’t need more time. Often times what you need is some time out for yourself + the project that’s in your head. Neglect it no more my friend.
It’s time for a projecation! A vacation where you make a project. Yee ha!
If you’re feeling brave I dare you to:
- Proclaim the passion project you will build in the next couple of months. The one what will be a dream no more.
- Commit to a retreat date + place right here, right now.
- Download your bonus Kick-Start Retreat worksheet… it’s totally FREE + no sign-up required.
So excited to hear about your retreat OMG!!!
Today we’re doing things a bit differently.
I’ve created a very special FREE MINI WORKSHOP to help you create an online machine that sells your stuff while you sleep.
Sounds awesome right? It it.
Click play to dive right in.
Let’s recap, shall we?
1. SYSTEMIZE YOUR CONTENT CREATION
- Determine how often you want to post online. I like to post once a week.
- Pick your medium. Mine is video making because it’s the one that feels the most natural + my audience favorites.
- Find an accountability partner. Give them $100 + tell them you don’t get your money back if you miss your deadlines.
2. SYSTEMIZE YOUR CONTENT EDITING + POSTING
- Understand your editing process so you can give clear instructions to someone else.
- Create a standard operating procedure document for how you want your content edited. I remember when I started working with my videographer Marilakis, I said no crazy transitions that looks like I’m being eaten by a vortex please. They can’t read minds so write down exactly how you want your stuff handled.
- Outsource the parts that suck the life out of you like a dementor.
3. MAKE YOUR CONTENT CONVERT INTO FANS
- Use Google Analytics to find your most popular content.
- Create a useful content upgrade that people coming to see these popular pieces of content want. For example: checklist + 3 day e-course to deepen + worksheet.
- Invite people so sign up. Don’t be shy. Don’t you love when the chef of a restaurant comes out of the kitchen + tells you what to order. People want to be told what to do. Help them!
4. CREATE A YES LADDER
- Create an entry level product that cost less than $100. Make it a no-brainer.
- Set up an automated series so new subscribers learn about this low price product. Show them how this product solves pain points directly related to why they came to you in the first place.
5. ONCE SOMEONE BUYS PUT THEM INTO ANOTHER LIST THAT LEADS THEM INTO BUYING YOUR BIG CREME DE LA CREME PRODUCT
- Grab your prospects by the hand + show them how you can help them.
- Be human.
And those are my 5 steps to turning your online HQ into a selling machine.
If you have any questions about this online machine just plug them below. I will be hanging out in the comments during the next couple of days to answer every single one.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this MINI WORKSHOP.
Thanks so much for watching + sharing this with your besties.
I’ll see you next week.
It’s time for another iconic wallpaper set. Oh yeah! Ladies + gentleman put your hands together for my idol Beyonce. Queen B fans, brace yourselves.
Click the images below to download your BONUS September Wallpapers. Complements of da’ house of mess. You’re welcome.
May all your dreams come true this month + all your devices be totally pretty.
Illustrated by Mayi Carles
Hand-lettered by Random Olive
Photographed by Marcela Macias
Raise your hand if any of this sounds oddly familiar:
- Getting side tracked easily?
- Having episodes of decision paralysis lately?
- Procrastinating, and calling it “research”?
- Trouble working through your to-do list?
- Are you falling into a rabbit hole of disillusionment?
- Getting distracted with shiny objects?
Fret no more! Captain Mayi here to the rescue.
Today we’re talking about how to FOCUS on what’s important, in 5 easy steps.
Click play to dive right in. No worries, I’m not gonna ask you to pick only ONE THING to work on, or specialize. I’ve made a living by being multi-curious entrepreneur, so I would never recommend such a thang. There will however, be some serious silly dancing.
Did I leave anything out? Do you have any focusing strategies to add to the mix? Would love to hear them. Plug them in the comments below.
As always, thanks so much for watching + being a part of this community. It means so much to me that you’re here. Really. Really. REALLY!!!