Studio Job Listings
- Assistant Dean/Director for Technology - S.I. Newhouse School of...
- Specialist, Media Production - University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, Nevada
- Viz Artist - Fox News Channel - New York
- Motion Graphics & Video Editor - Vidzu Media - St. Louis, Missouri
- UI Designer/Artist - Digital Extremes Ltd. - London, Canada
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Review: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- Vimeo on Demand Broadens Content with New Partners
- Shane Hurlbut, ASC, Takes Masterclass on the Road
- ARRI’s Amira Gets 4K Ultra HD ProRes Recording Option
- Google Acquires Zync VFX Cloud-Rendering Service
- Working with 12 Years of Footage for Richard Linklater’s Boyhood
- ProMax Upgrades Workstation Line-Up to Max of 24 Cores
- Convergent Design Updates Odyssey7/7Q Firmware
- Analysts, VFX Leaders See Virtualization As Driving Force in CG Industry
- ADAPT Organizers Update SIGGRAPH on Anti-Tax Subsidy Campaign
Coming from the world of ENG/EFP, I was excited to finally get my hands on a 4K digital cinema camera that was made for...
This Friday, North American movie audiences can buy a return ticket to Sin City, courtesy co-directors Robert Rodriguez and...
Autodesk is continuing to move its software model away from perpetual licensing and toward desktop subscriptions, officials...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Netflix Acquires The Blacklist for $2 Million an Episode
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit Program
[via The Wrap]
- Police Shooting Kills Crew Member Working for Reality Show Cops
[via The New York Times]
- Academy Finally Announces Honorary Oscars
[via Indiewire/Thompson on Hollywood]
- Metabones Officially Announces Canon EF Speed Booster for Micro Four Thirds Systems
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Aug 28 The Gap "Golf"
With Gone Girl safely wrapped but before its inevitable Oscar campaign takes off, director David Fincher has re-emerged in the world of commercials with a four-spot salvo for The Gap, which is promoting its new "Dress Normal" motto. Our favorite is "Golf," with its long (for a :30) eight-…
Aug 27 Gone South
Filmmaking collective Vita Brevis Films takes a motorcycle tour of southern Utah armed with Red cameras, a MoVi stabilizer, and an octocopter.
Taking a shot with your phone isn't the desperation move it used to be, but that tiny lens is still pretty limiting compared to a real camera. Here are some ideas from photographer Lorenz Holder for getting more interesting iPhone shots without breaking out the DSLR.