The latest big advance in filmmaking technology took place Friday night in New York...
Studio Job Listings
- Assistant Professor - Speech/Communication (Tenure Track) - Hostos...
- Faculty Position in Game-Related Technologies - The Department of...
- Faculty - University of California, Davis - Davis, CA
- Assistant Professor - Digital Design - Hostos Community College...
- Media Specialist - Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL
Follow us on Twitter
- 1 Beyond Introduces $3995 StreamMachine Edge Hardware
- StudioDailies: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- NATAS Announces Technology & Engineering Emmy Winners
- Josh Haynie Moves from Efilm to Light Iron
- StudioDailies: Monday, October 24, 2016
- DJI, Epson Team Up on Drone Piloting in Augmented Reality
- Eileen Godoy to Head Post-Production at Cognition
- Atomos Ships Shogun Inferno 4K 60p HDR Field Monitor
- StudioDailies: Friday, October 21, 2016
- Sigma Prices Upcoming High-Speed Cine Lenses
- eGuide: 7 Pitfalls of Relying on FTP to Move Large Files - Sponsored Content
- All in One Avid Post Production Bundle - Sponsored Content
1 Beyond revamped its line of StreamMachine streaming hardware, with new options ranging in price from $3,995 on the low end...
It isn’t every day one gets invited to head up a major department on a Clint Eastwood film. Consider the fact that...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- Can Ben Affleck’s The Accountant Add Up to Strong Numbers?
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Marvel’s Doctor Strange on Track to Open as High as $75 Million
[via The Wrap]
- Netflix Nabs Chris Rock for Two Comedy Specials in $40 Million Deal
- Jim Jarmusch’s List of 5 Must-See Movies: I Don’t Believe in Originality
[via No Film School]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Oct 25 BMW Films: The Escape
Remember BMW Films' The Hire, the short film series featuring Clive Owen as The Driver, a BMW driver for hire? Well, Owen is back in a new BMW film, "The Escape," directed by Neill Blomkamp and shot by DP Manoel Ferreira, commemorating the 15th anniversary of the original films.
Oct 24 Yeti Lane: L'Aurore
This video for Parisian psych-rock band Yeti Lane illustrates the song "L'Aurore" in violent still lifes. They're created not through CG, but by carefully lighting and posing miniature figures just so, to create hypnotic frozen moments. Stop-motion animator Simon Gesrel was DP, Arnaud Vié…
Oct 21 The Flaming Lips: The Castle
It's a one-shot video, Flaming Lips style, as hand-drawn animations add pictures, symbols and embellishments to a close-up, song-length portrait of one woman.