The latest big advance in filmmaking technology took place Friday night in New York...
Studio Job Listings
- Graphic Designer - Marketing Specialist - DentaQuest - Milwaukee, WI
- Designer - Discovery Communications - New York, NY
- Supervising Producer -BE - Discovery Communications - Silver Spring, MD
- Media Design Lab Evening Assistant - University of North Carolina at...
- Associate Art Director - Advertising Sales Division - New York, NY
Follow us on Twitter
- DJI, Epson Team Up on Drone Piloting in Augmented Reality
- Eileen Godoy to Head Post-Production at Cognition
- Atomos Ships Shogun Inferno 4K 60p HDR Field Monitor
- StudioDailies: Friday, October 21, 2016
- Sigma Prices Upcoming High-Speed Cine Lenses
- Global Consciousness and Guerilla Filmmaking Technique in “Connect”
- Ken Ralston to Receive VES Lifetime Achievement Award
- StudioDailies: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Thinkbox Adds RealFlow, Maxwell to On-Demand Options
- Alex Schwartz Named Head of Production at Alpha Animation
- eGuide: 7 Pitfalls of Relying on FTP to Move Large Files - Sponsored Content
- All in One Avid Post Production Bundle - Sponsored Content
It looks like the next generation of smart glasses may have at least one very specific use case for pro videographers —...
It isn’t every day one gets invited to head up a major department on a Clint Eastwood film. Consider the fact that...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- Can Ben Affleck’s The Accountant Add Up to Strong Numbers?
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Marvel’s Doctor Strange on Track to Open as High as $75 Million
[via The Wrap]
- Netflix Nabs Chris Rock for Two Comedy Specials in $40 Million Deal
- Jim Jarmusch’s List of 5 Must-See Movies: I Don’t Believe in Originality
[via No Film School]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Oct 21 The Flaming Lips: The Castle
It's a one-shot video, Flaming Lips style, as hand-drawn animations add pictures, symbols and embellishments to a close-up, song-length portrait of one woman.
Verizon's new spot through agency Momentum promoting Google's new Pixel phone (a Verizon exclusive) used thousands of still photos taken over the course of one day in downtown Manhattan — all of them captured with the Pixel itself — to create an accelerated stop-action neighborhood tour. …
Oct 19 Borrowed Time
"Borrowed Time," directed by Pixar animators Andrew Coats and Lou Hamou-Lhadj, is a somber western tale set against gorgeously rendered environments. It won Best in Show in the SIGGRAPH 2016 Computer Animation Festival. Like it? Check out the accompanying making-of featurette.