Current conditions | Hour by hour
- Feels Like: 97 °F
- Humidity: 69%
- Wind: 13 mph West
- Sunrise 6:50 AM
- Sunset: 8:21 PM
- Barometer: 29.99 in
- Hi 93° Lo 79°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 95° Lo 81°
- Hi 90° Lo 75°
- Partly Cloudy
- Hi 88° Lo 75°
- Chance of a Thunderstorm
- Tuesday... Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the morning, then overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers. High of 91F with a heat index of 99F. Winds from the West at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.
- Tuesday Night... Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers. Low of 79F. Winds from the West at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Wednesday... Partly cloudy. High of 93F with a heat index of 99F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 79F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday... Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 95F. Winds from the West at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
|Almanac | Key: T = Trace of precipitation; MM = data not available|
|July 29, 2014|
|Normal high:||90°||Record high:||97° (1993)|
|Normal low:||76°||Record low:||67° (1919)|
|Complete weather almanac|
Latest weather stories
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:35 am EDT on July 29, 2014
... Rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* timing... through Tuesday.
* Impacts... moderate risk of rip currents at area beaches. Rip
currents are very dangerous and can pull even the strongest
swimmers out into deeper waters.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 12:54 PM EDT on July 29, 2014
... Strong thunderstorms will affect central Pinellas and west central
At 1254 PM EDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
strong thunderstorms located near Clearwater Beach... or 7 miles west
of Clearwater... moving east at 20 mph... will affect Belleair Beach...
Indian Rocks Beach... Indian Shores and Honeymoon Island... until 145
This includes Interstate 275 between exits 26 and 41.
Gusty winds 35 to 45 mph will occur. Frequent lightning is expected.
To be safe go indoors immediately. If caught outside... find a low
spot... and stay away from tall objects.
Lat... Lon 2809 8284 2806 8280 2809 8279 2813 8248
2782 8251 2785 8256 2795 8255 2796 8266
2798 8261 2801 8264 2800 8267 2796 8267
2794 8271 2788 8257 2786 8259 2780 8258
time... Mot... loc 1654z 272deg 18kt 2798 8286